There are many issues that are covered by UK Family Law including divorce, child custody, property relations before and after marriage as well as child support and relationship finance. The most difficult part about being involved in a UK Family law dispute is that you are involved with not only financial and legal matters, but also matters that may be really close to heart. After all, the person that you are involved in a legal dispute with is still family – despite your differences. This is why a relationship finance dispute can be so hard to resolve on your own. Of course, the best route to take is to seek advice from a UK Family law solicitor. This way, your lawyer can give you a bird’s-eye view of the entire dispute from the perspective of a professional and also explore and exploit all avenues for a clean and speedy resolution at the least amount of cost to you.

So what are relationship finance disputes? How do they arise and what can a lawyer do for you regarding these types of family law issues? Read on and find out.

The End Of A Marriage

When do relationship finance disputes arise? The answer is that they are often the byproduct of the end of a marriage. In the UK, this usually means a divorce. Of course, there are other relationships other than marriage that may involve finances as well. In any event, it is best to resolve these financial disputes quickly in order to lessen the amount of stress that each party has to deal with as well as to give you time to plan for the future. This is especially true if you have any children and you still have to resolve the matter of child custody – which is another branch of UK Family Law that you will need the services of a solicitor for.

relationship finance

If you feel that a dispute regarding your mutually held funds in marriage may arise in the future or if you just want to avoid the legal trouble just in case it does happen, then it is best to consult with a solicitor about making arrangements for special stipulations regarding your joint property in marriage. This can be done via a pre-nuptial agreement, which sets the terms of what type of property regime will be followed while you are married to each other. It can be stipulated that you each own all of your personal property that you accumulate during the marriage separately as well as make special stipulations for joint ownership of certain properties.

A post-nuptial agreement is the antithesis of a pre-nuptial one. Basically, it stipulates as to what will happen to the properties that both parties brought into the marriage if/when the marriage ends. It might seem like a sad proposal to create a post-nuptial agreement, but it is actually designed for your mutual protection so as to avoid any relationship finance disputes after the marriage has ended.

Mediation Is Preferred when sorting relationship finance disputes

Financial disputes in a relationship are best resolved through mediation with litigation (trial) being the last resort if things do not work out.

Our family law team are here to offer family law advice on everything related to family law and not just separation or divorce. We can handle – prenups, cohabitation agreements and civil marriages and so much more. For the very best family law advice get in touch with the family solicitors team today!

Great advice I can now look forward with no worries, thanks so much!

Thanks again, if I ever need a solicitors help again I will have no hesitation using your firm.

My parents are over the moon thanks so much for all your help.

Thanks for being there for us during this difficult time!

Our family law team in Bournemouth cover a huge geographical area including;

Almer, Anderson, Ashington, Ashley, Barton on Sea, Bear Cross, Beckley, Bloxworth, Bockhampton, Boscombe, Bournemouth, Bournemouth City, Bournemouth city centre, Branksome, Broadstone, Burton, Canford Bottom, Canford Magna, Castlepoint, Christchurch, City of Bournemouth, Cowgrove, Downton, East Morden, Everton, Ferndown, Furzehill, Hampreston, Highcliffe, Hillbutts, Hinton, Holdenhurst, Holton Heath, Hordle, Hurn, Lytchett Minster, Morden, Mudeford, New Milton, Oakley, Organford, Pamphill, Parkstone, Pilford, Pokesdown, Poole, Purewell, Sandford, Slepe, Sopley, Stanpit, Stapehill, Sterte, Sturminster Marshall, Tadden, Talbot Village, Throop, Tower Park, Walkford, West Parley, Westbourne, Wick, Wimborne Minster, Winkton, Winterbourne Zelston.